Saturday, July 27, 2013

Something a Little Different for Blue Fern Studios {Tutorial}

Hi everyone! This is another prescheduled post as I'm assuming I will be quite tired after arriving home last night that I won't be up for creating a blog post, lol. But I'm sure I will be updating you shortly with news about my CHA trip and photos too!

Today I'm sharing with you one of my projects for Blue Fern Studios. I created 3 projects for them this month and will be sharing them over the course of the next week. The end of the month is always my busiest time- so beware...lots of work to be shared in the coming days!

The one I am showing you today is a project of a different kind. When setting about creating this, I only wanted to do something "different". Meaning, I didn't want to do a layout, card, or tag...I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do...just something different. I have a shelf where I keep things like blank chipboard albums or other mini albums waiting to be created, alterable stuff...things like that. As I'm going through the shelf, nothing is appealing to me. I wanted to do something artsy...but I'd done several canvases over the week before and just didn't feel like doing another canvas.

BUT, I did want to do something that had texture like a canvas. And that is how I settled on creating something with sandpaper. 

Yeah, weird I know! But I thought...hmm, I wonder how this will take? So I set about my project like this...I have a step-by-step for you if you'd like to play along ;)

"Pretty Creative Girl This Afternoon"
I love this photo of my daughter that I took recently. She spent nearly an hour painting and she was just the CUTEST little thing! So serious at times, dipping her brush in the water and then mixing it in with the paint...making a mess, experimenting. Way too cute. I guess we both felt like being a little creative lately ;)

Here are the steps:









Products Used:

Quatrefoil Garden Panel

Ironwork Accents


Other Products Used:

Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edger- Pastel Peach
Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edger- Pastel Pink





Thanks for taking the time to come over today! I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial...and perhaps inspired you to think outside the box too? 

Have a wonderful day...and stay in touch, I've got much much more to share!

19 comments:

Davi said...

Love this gorgeous creation Erin! The steps to create it were fascinating, thanks for sharing. I love how all the elements work together and show off your sweet daughter :)

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! what a FANTASTIC Step by step...
VERY inspiring!! You are 1 CLEVER Chic A Dee!!

Romy said...

Oh wow, this is truly amazing! Such a clever idea!

Val-Belle said...

This is just amazing, I love it and I am going to give it a try. Thank you for sharing Erin. You are so talented... guess this is what separated the pros from the amateurs :D

Sonia said...

Hi my dearest friend:)
I come back from the vacations with my daughter, how are you? I saw Your last creations, all Wonderful as always and This is Adorable:))
Big hug and happy weekend:)
Sonia

Elena Olinevich said...

Oh, I love this mixed media artist, your DD, and, you, being a creative artisr, scrapped this photo in a unique manner. Beautiful and TFS

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love this project, thanks for the tutorial

Lizzyc said...

Wow this looks amazing and I love the steps you have shown to how you created it.. love those flowers, and I think you have another artist in your family!!

Unknown said...

Oh,Erin,this is so Beautiful!! Your work is absolutely stunning!! Your little girl is a princess!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Looks beautiful! Love that you can alter anything!

Patty O'Malley said...

Looks beautiful! Love that you can alter anything!

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous idea to use the sandpaper - amazing texture, and all the layers look fabulous.
Alison x

Debbie said...

Amazing as always Erin! Thanks for sharing the process with us. Never would have thought to use sandpaper. Love the effect!

Unknown said...

Love the way you've incorporated sandpaper! Hope you're resting up after Vegas. It was lovely to get to spend time with you.

Jane said...

WOW Erin! This is incredible - I love it!! Thank you so much for sharing how you created it, I can't wait to give it a try! hugs, Jane x

Ashley Horton said...

This is beautiful Erin, and the love the idea of using the sand paper!

Carole Wright said...

wow truly beautiful page.

Denise van Deventer said...

Love this project...so great! Thanks for the tips again...
One always learns something! ;-)

Fragmentos ao Sol said...

Beautiful, Erin. Love this project.