Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mixed Media Wednesday @ Prima!

Hey everyone! LONG time, no blog right? I seriously have SO many projects to share that I've worked on over the past month, but as it usually goes, they will all come in a whirlwind at once...isn't that how it works?

Oh, well!

Today's post was scheduled last Sunday as I'm in Vegas at CHA with my sister Kelly Foster...as we speak! So exciting! Can't wait to share stories and photos when I get back :). But for now, I will just leave you with a project of mine that I created for Prima for CHA, featuring Finn's new "Elementals" and "Mechanicals"! It is being featured over at the Prima blog today, along with other mixed media samples provided by some of the other Prima team members- so make sure you go and have a look!

"Prima Canvas Trio"
I loved this set of canvases that I recently bought. I knew it would be perfect for creating something for each of my kids- and what better way to put them to use than with Finn's mixed media-driven products? 

Products Used:


The great thing about creating a coordinating "set" of something is after you get the first one down, the next ones come so easily- they follow a similar pattern with similar products used.

After covering my canvas with gesso, I tore up some book pages and (using the gesso as an adhesive) randomly applied the pieces to my canvas. On top of that I layered torn tissue paper and again used gesso on both top and bottom to adhere. Next, I added one of the *NEW* Elementals Canvas Borders and a bit of cardboard before misting and masking.



I've also used a combination of the *NEW* Mechanicals "Numbers", "Pendant", & "Gear" sets to create a contrast to the soft florals in my clusters. 


SO many things to love about these amazing new pieces!! There's nothing quite like amazing new product to get that mojo going, right?! ;) I hope you can get your hands on some real soon...

Thanks for letting me share with you today :). I will be seeing you when I get back from CHA~
until then, take good care of yourselves~!!

27 comments:

morkaren said...

Hej Erin, vidunderlige lærreder du har lavet med dine søde fotogene børn, flot pyntet og i dejlige pastelfarver, det er en nydelse at se. knus morkaren.

Helen Hapsi said...

Such a beautiful work! These canvas trio are amazing, I haven't seen them before! All the new elements are great, hope I could get my hands on them one day!!! Keep up the good work and thank you for your inspiration!

Romy said...

Oh wow, this trio looks so beautiful What a great way to showcase these sweet photos of your kids!

Cathi ONeill said...

These are just perfect pieces of art to showcase those gorgeous kiddies!

sandi said...

Wow Erin these are so neat! LOVE what you've done here.....they look so beautiful!

juscrap said...

Wow Erin these are gorgeous!!!!!

Laurie said...

wow! these are beautiful, just like your children. Hope you are having fun!!

Christina Panetsou said...

Amazingly beautiful!!!
I love them!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

These are beautiful, Erin! What a great idea!

Kris Berc said...

Hi Erin, your canvas set is so beautiful!

It was really awesome to meet you yesterday! Loved seeing your work in person at the booth. Thanks for taking a photo with me :)

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful canvases, Erin! And what a great way to showcase photos of all 3 kiddies!

Adriana B said...

Just stunning :)

Olga Siedlecka said...

Lovely trio!

Alina said...

The canvas set is just amazing! You did a great job! Very inspiring!

hotpotato said...

Erin these are gorgeous, you are so talented. Hope you enjoyed your trip to CHA Vagas

Valia Katzaki said...

Unbelievably gorgeous! I'm so inspired to do canvases for my 3 children right now! Thank you Erin!

Lizzyc said...

Goodness these do look amazing.. really beautiful.. and I bet they look wonderful on your wall...

Lizzy Hill said...

TOTALLY fabulous gorgeousness & really , really nice idea...hope CHA is leaving you with wonderful memories & mouth dropping awesomeness :):):)!!!!

The Jule Box Studios said...

awww...these are adorable Erin! LOVE them faces! Thanks for sharing as always, I'm inspired! Hope you has TONS of fun at CHA! :) xo

Lynette Jacobs said...

What a stunning way to showcase your gorgeous children.

Davi said...

Erin these are just gorgeous, what a wonderful way to display your sweet babies! Love all the texure and beautiful embellies! Have fun at CHA, Im only a stones throw away but couldnt go.

Tusia Lech said...

Your canvas look so cool! I love the using of white as a background :)

Kimberly Kett said...

GORGEOUS!!

Ella Swan said...

Yum, yum, yummy!! These look gorgeous!!!

zenevak said...

These are fabulous! I LOVE them!

Sandie said...

So totally beautiful, love the textured background and how you have done that ...

Mrs Frizz said...

OMG ... stunning creations ... beautiful ...