Sunday, July 14, 2013

Accordion Album Tutorial for PaperHaus!

Hello :). I hope you've all had a great weekend! We were busy all day Saturday with Gunner's 3rd birthday party and I'm pretty tired- but it was lots of fun, pretty stress-free, but always leaving me a tiny bit sad that the day is over and that my little guy is growing up. Okay, so more than a "tiny bit sad"...it's a feeling I stuff away so it doesn't affect the day- but after the kids are in bed and I'm alone with my thoughts, the realization of how quickly the past three years has gone simply terrifies me.

 But before I get any heavier here, let's move on to a project that I created for another amazing 3-year old; Gunner's cousin Lilah who was born exactly 4 weeks before him :). I made an accordion album for the PaperHaus magazine blog, and I've got some step-by-steps on how you can put one together too!

So let's begin :)

"Lilah Accordion Album"
 
I had a long piece of cardboard that I'd been hanging on to for just this sort of project. 

 **The dimensions of my album are: 21.5" long and 4.75" tall**




Here are some detailed closeups too!




 
Product List:

Patterned Papers: Prima Marketing "Divine" Collection
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Mask: Heidi Swapp
Mists: Tattered Angels
Embellishments: Basic Grey, Pink Paislee, Prima Marketing
Other: seam binding, pearl/tulle sprays, embossing powder, staples, watercolor paints
 
 So happy you came over for a look today! 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend (if it isn't already over) and take good care of yourselves :)
See you soon,

25 comments:

Romy said...

Wow, this is so clever! Never would have thought you can use a piece of cardboard and turn it into something so gorgeous. Love your accordion album!

Lizzy Hill said...

The weekend's almost over here! I really LOVE this - funny seeing the cardboard before....it's just beautiful & the texture paste with the embossing powder looks awesome.....& Time goes WAAAAAAAYYYY toooooo quick.....but enjoy it all you can:):):) Happy birthday to your baby...my boy turned 26 yesterday....sigh!!!!!!!!

joolaa said...

recycling? yes!!! your album is so beauty!

Unknown said...

Excellent idea! I'll give it a try one day. BTW the album is gorgeous!

Lizzyc said...

This is really really lovely, I will try and remember this for when I have a long piece of cardboard like that.. It makes a wonderful gift.. love this.. thanks for the inspiration!

МамаФиалка said...

lovely!!!

Missy Whidden said...

How adorable, Erin! What a great idea...and those photos are so sweet. Love all your girly details! Beautiful, as always :)

sandi said...

Wow! What a gorgeous mini!!!!!! Love every page! Stunning!

Maryann Laursen said...

Stunning minialbum here , and really beautiful decorated too. And I just love the bright colors, you´ve used on it too.

Heather M said...

Love it!I really like those stars & hearts. Of course, you cant go wrong with Prima flowers!

Thanni said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colors, they are so bright and girly :)
..and happy birthday to your son :)

Стокли said...

Erin, it's lovely and bright and fun!

Darya said...

That's a great mini album, I like it. Thank's for tutorial!)

Sandra said...

Erin, this is so cute, I love the detail in the embellishing and I'm sure Kelly and Lilah will love the accordion. Have a great time together with your sister.

Elena Olinevich said...

Cute album, and I LOVE THE Colors you used for it

Patty O'Malley said...

Perfectly beautiful!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a beautiful accordion album, Erin!! Love how you used the long piece of cardboard to create it! And those photos of Lilah are too cute!

Vivi Morais said...

Hi, Erin!!! The album is fantastic. The colors are so cute!!
Have a great week!!!

Ella Swan said...

I have a long piece of cardboard I've been saving too - perhaps this will prompt me to use it! Kid's birthday's are such a fun time - don't worry about them growing up - it's also a fun time and by then you appreciate a bit more of your own time LOL

Davi said...

Glad to hear that you all had a great celebration, it is amazing how quickly the time passes and your little ones grow up!! This album is amazing Erin!! So many beautiful details on each page to go with Lilah's fun pics. A wodnerful treasure for her in the years to come from her special auntie ;)

Laurie said...

wow this is beautiful, so bright and cheery just like Lilah!

Words and Pictures said...

That is absolutely stunning, Erin - wow!
Alison x

Eila Sandberg said...

Oooh Erin this is such a cute album! ha ha LOVE the piccies! Beautiful beautiful as always! and I don't have to ask, Kells adores the album doesn't she. xoxo

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is such a beautiful project, thank you so much for the tutorial.

Chantalle said...

SOOOOO cool! Love it big time