Wednesday, July 10, 2013

PaperHaus: Mini Album~!

Hello, my awesome friends! I've been so busy creating "behind the scenes" that I feel my blog has been a little bit negelcted by way of projects- I apologize for that :). Just a busy time! 

But today I have a mini album to share with you that I created for the PaperHaus Magazine Blog. I hope you enjoy it!

"Mother-in-Law Mini Album"
**Chipboard frame from Blue Fern Studios and paper/flowers/embellishments from Prima Marketing**

I call this my "Mother-in-Law Mini Album" because, well- I created it for my MIL, ha! This is actually the first gift that I have hand crafted for her and being someone who truly cherishes her family and especially her children/grandchildren- I just know she'll love it :). After a recent visit, I discovered that many of the photos displayed in her home were taken by phone- from my Facebook page. Seriously sad. And I needed to remedy that! So I took some of the photos taken at our vacation there and put them together in this album.

Here's a look at what's inside:
On one of the last days there, we got all of the kids together for pictures. We did photos of just my kids, of just the boys, just the girls, and all of them. So I tried to include one of each in this album for her.

With the help of the Prima "Lyric" paper collection, Prima flowers & embellishments, as well as chipboard from Blue Fern Studios, I created a cohesive flow to my album. What I love about minis is once you get a "pace" going in the book, it's really easy to move from one page to the next.

 With each page, I started by doing a little bit of stamping. Then I misted, masked with modeling paste, and added some watercolor paints.

I wanted each page to be different, yet follow the same guidelines: stamping, masking, misting, watercolors, and then photo/flowers/chipboard.

I also make sure that any page that would be facing eachother when closed did not have clusters that would meet. That way, it reduces the bulk when the book is closed.





Products Used:

Patterned Papers: Prima Marketing
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios
Embellishments: Prima Marketing (trinkets & wood button), Pink Paislee (stars)
Stickers: Prima Marketing
Stamps: Prima Marketing, 7 Gypsies, & Bo Bunny
Masks: Prima Marketing, Heidi Swapp, & The Crafter's Workshop
Mists: Tattered Angels
Other: gesso, modeling paste, watercolor paints

I'm so happy you came by here today! I hope your week is off to a great start :)- see you again soon,

25 comments:

morkaren said...

Pragtfuld minialbum, hvis det er til din mor bliver hun da meget glad for alle de dejlige billeder af børnebørnene, knus morkaren.

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS and I am sure your MIL will LOVE it!! a beautiful gift for her!

Lizzy Hill said...

Awwww...such a nice REMEDY!!!! Funny how sometimes we presume they have lotsa photos.....it's a gorgeous mini & I'm sure she'll absolutely cherish it....love how you added the clusters, but carefully so it doesn't make it too too bulky:):):)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What amazing work, Erin!! Absolutely stunning. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Gorgeous project, Erin!

Heather M said...

Great job Erin! I just love mini albums! Love the flowers & all the embellies!

Alison said...

Oh this is fabulous and so thoughtful of you! I'm sure she'll treasure this for years to come!

Www.theeverydayscrapbooker.weebly.com

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is absolutely beautiful and such an amazing gift!

Irini said...

Erin your mini is stunning from cover to cover!
gorgeous work as always!
Going to take a peek at what you have been up to while I have been MIA!
hugz
irini

juscrap said...

What gorgeous work, Erin!! Absolutely stunning.xx

Romy said...

Your mini album looks so gorgeous! I just love your use of colours and all the wonderful ribbons and other details.

Patty O'Malley said...

What a treasure! I can't imagine any better gift!

Kris Berc said...

Wow, your album is totally gorgeous. Love how you carried your guidelines through each page.

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous mini Erin, and I love how you used the b&w photos throughout the album!

Unknown said...

This is just awesome, Erin!!!!

Sarah said...

This is stunning Erin - It will be treasured for years to come I am sure! Your work is always so amazing - it takes my breath away!!!

Words and Pictures said...

What a glorious album... I'm sure it will be absolutely treasured.
Alison x

Laurie said...

what a really lovely family keepsake! this is gorgeous Erin!!

Beatrice Lawson said...

Gorgeous work and what a great keepsake for her! It makes a lovely heartfelt gift!

sandi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! Simply stunning!

Davi said...

Wow Erin is this GorGeous!! All the beautiful embellies and colors on the cover and each page are fabulous. All the beauty of the album and family pic combined are a precious treasure for your MIL, Im sure she will be so so thrilled with it :)

Svetlana Austin said...

Erin this is stunning!!! love all the details in this album!

Mrs Frizz said...

Your mother-in-law is going to love this ... so very special.

Eila Sandberg said...

Wowzer Erin! talk about labour of love! I so love checking out how you combine blooms, papers and the chippies adding the famous Erin touch to everything. This sure is a stunner! Kisses

Chantalle said...

Absolutely stunning!!