Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Remember the Time"~ Scrap FX Reveal #1

Hey there~ it's finally time for me to share with you my first project this month for Scrap FX! And of course we've got a new theme: vintage/steampunk! There are a TON of awesome pieces newly released and I was so excited to start creating with them :). So let's take a look!

"Remember the Time"
Some of you might recognize this little girl :)~ she's my sister Kelly's daughter, Lilah, and I think she is such a cool little individual! So I wanted to make something for her (which I will in turn force Kelly to hang on her wall hee hee).
My layout was created on a 12″x12″ canvas and I just had the best time creating my background to set the stage for my “story”.  Let me walk you through my creative process, and the fabulous Scrap FX chipboard that helped me pull this whole thing off!

The journey began with this special “Remember the Time” title. I think it’s important to always be aware of time and how quickly it passes. I tried to create this awareness by using the multiple photos and removing two of them from the original to “portray” how time escapes you (if that makes any sense!)~
For the treatment of my title, I primed first with gesso and then lightly dabbed on some charcoal chalk ink before topping off with some glossy accents.

The “Retro Flourish Frame” fit in perfectly here! I love frames and I love flourishes and this piece just brings them both together!! I painted with gesso first before taking a background stamp with some more of the charcoal ink and stamped on it randomly. Then I lightly inked the edges and added some pearls and bling here and there to tie it all in.

Oh, how I ADORE these “Cogs, micro” little cuties!! They are the perfect little accents for around clusters and flourishes :) . I used the same background stamp to dress these babies up before adding a little seed bead to the centers.

Scrap FX Products Used:









I hope the holiday season is treating you nicely~! As always, I'm so grateful for your taking the time to check out my work. Have a beautiful day/night and of course we'll be seeing each other again soon~! ;)

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, just love what you did with the chippies! They make your fabulous lay-out look even prettier!

Melenia Agapides said...

This is one of my favourite pages. Ever! Love love love EVERYTHING about it!!! Especially your background and the work on the chipboard... THANK you for the inspiration, Erin!

cebelica said...

I love the soft pastel colours ou used for your layout. It looks amazing! Hugs! xx

Sveta Udelis said...

Класс!! Очень гармонично. Красиво!!

Irina Gerschuk said...

Soooo beautiful!!! Love the colors!!!

morkaren said...

Hvor skønt, du laver den rene kunst, overdådigt pyntet, man bliver helt stakåndet. knus morkaren.

Elina said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

HI..This is absolutely stunning.. love the back ground details, love all the flowers... love the little sparkly dots.. love this...

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wow this is just beautiful- love the colors!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the fun way you shadowed and layered the photos.

Madeline said...

Wow...that is a gorgeous canvas! So much dimension, and the prettiest flowers!

sandi said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Breathtaking!

Cindy deRosier said...

This is stunning! Absolutely beautiful.

Laurie said...

wow, you amaze me every single time, just wonderful! I am sure Kelly will proudly display this in her home :)

Anski said...

This is so stunning. Really beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Jasmine said...

Oh, this is stunning! - Very - I LOVE every detail! Beautiful piece, I am sure it won't take ANY convincing to get your sister to hang it on her wall - Oh, beautiful!
-Jasmine
alittledabofglue.blogspot

Patty O'Malley said...

Gorgeous canvas! I'm sure your sister will proudly display it!

Chloe said...

Totally adorable!!! Gorgeous page and such a sweet memory :-)

Ashley Horton said...

Such a gorgeous canvas Erin!! I love how you repeated that sweet photo of Lilah and the flowers are really beautiful!

Vicky Alberto said...

ahhh-mazing

Jasmine S said...

Absolutely amazingly stunningly gorgeous. Love the multi pics and the design looks like she is riding on a sleigh. Kelly will love it. How can she not?