Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Top 12 of 2012~!

Good morning :)- I hope you have all had a great weekend; it's Sunday morning here and I'm finding myself in total disbelief that this year is coming to a close. I've had such a great year all-around, and my scrappy life has been filled with excitement, learning, surprises, and many many new friendships. I started the year with a list of things I wanted to accomplish scrappy-wise and so many of those things were checked off the list that it has motivated me to create a new list for the coming year! I've always been someone who needs to write things down...to have a list to keep myself in order. And doing this again will help keep me organized (which is a big goal on my personal list!)~

Today I'd like to share with you my Top 12 Layouts from 2012. I decided to do things a little different than some of you out there, and chose to pick a favorite from each month, as I wanted to display how my style has evolved and changed over the past year. So let's get started!

January- "Perfect"
Almost one year ago, I created this layout for the Prima Build A Page challenge. It was my first time entering...and it won! I was so excited...and I still totally adore this piece. I remember when I used to do the heavily layered, distressed edges. :)

February- "My Love Story"
Ahh...my incredibly handsome hubby :). This was for a OUAS challenge (and ended up with 2nd place), and I remember really enjoying putting this layout together because I think DH and I have quite the love story- and OUAS challenges were always good for getting me to journal about things that might otherwise get pushed aside. The papers here were from my very first C'est Magnifique kit, the month before I received a personal phone call from Leslie (the owner), asking me to join her team. I happily accepted and have been proudly designing for her ever since!

March "Fish Face"
I remember how excited I was about this Pink Paislee collection. I purchased it as soon as it was available and just loved the vibrant colors! I remember loving the addition of the little bundle of sticks- left on the porch for me by Gunner. It only seemed right that they make a home here :). I also loved the confetti.

April "Smile It's Your Day"
I created this in my second month designing for Scrap FX, just getting the hang of using lots of chipboard on my projects and finding new ways to use them. I love this picture of Wyatt and I was so proud that even amongst everything included in this layout, it is still the first thing you see when looking at it.

May "Happy Day"
This precious photo of Gunner on Mother's Day combined with the gorgeous "Everyday Poetry" collection from Webster's Pages got me the Banner of the Week at Webster's Pages :). That was very exciting for me!

June "Sweet Cakes"
Six months ago in June, I started this blog after sharing a blog with my sister Kelly for a year. It was very scary but exciting, and I've loved my new home every since! This layout was the very first layout displayed on my new blog, so it only seemed right to include it here.

July "My Guy"
More Webster's Pages! This photo of Gunner is one of my favorites and I put much love into putting this layout together. It won the "My Guy" challenge at Webster's Pages :)- and this was the month I received the invite to join the Webster's Pages team! Definitely the highlight of my entire year!

August "Nature"
I have this one on my wall. I just love the orange in there, the different color/sized photos, the design. And it emulates what we are about as a family- true outdoors people!

September "Your Story"
Another one of my favorite pages ever. It started out a total mistake- my photo was a mess! But I was able to turn it around into something I loved and I used it to tell my daughter the rough road I had to travel on the journey of bringing her into this life :)

October "Decorating the Tree"
I was just getting into the swing of doing holiday layouts at this point. Wyatt loves helping decorate the tree and although I'm a big perfectionist and have to help him along the way, I really enjoy watching him do it. The colors here just really came together and I loved the end result!

November "So Beautiful"
My first time working on a non-12x12 format. This 8x10 canvas was such a joy to put together! It hangs on my daughter's wall and I still love to look at it :).

December "Remember the Time"
I'm a bit of a mixed media nut at this moment- and I love creating on canvas. So this project was a true joy to create and in the new year, I hope to expand my mixed media knowledge and continue to learn and grow as much as I can!

Thanks so much for having a look at my year with me, and for your love and support along the way. So many of you take the time out of your day to stop here and leave some words of encouragement which motivate me to the next project. I love what I do, but I know it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable did I not have your friendship to brighten my day on a daily basis. Thanks so much for everything!

29 comments:

morkaren said...

O Erin, tak for synet af din top 12, dine LOer er lige så skønne som dine kære børn, jeg elsker den måde du bruger fotos flere gange, det ser så godt ud (jeg må prøve det) du og din kære familie ønskes et dejligt nytår. knus morkaren.

Svetlana Austin said...

wow! so many beautiful projects in one post! a lot of my favorites but my number of was that canvas with all your kid's photos on it :-)))
wishing you and your family a happy new year! looking forward to see more inspiring projects from you! hugs ♥

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Amazing projects in one post!! Just love them all! Especially love the last one, a really fantastic dreamy piece!
Wishing you a happy and creative new year!

Unknown said...

These are ALL Gorgeous!! I would love to have half your stash to play with :-)

Стокли said...

Triple photo on the last LO looks so cute!

GLOANN said...

Thanks for the year's review. Loved seeing every one of these. Artistic talent runs in your family. I think maybe May is my fave out of the 12. But I love them all.

Lee-Anne said...

These are all stunning Erin! I love them all and love the canvasses. So glad to have you as a scrappy friend this year. All the best to you in 2013!

Laurie said...

Erin, these are all so amazing,not sure how you picked only 12! you have had an amazing scrappy year, well deserved!! you work is always stunning :)

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

What a fabolous collection and a lovely review of your scrappy year and the evolution in style.
Thanks for sharing - have a happy new year!

Vibeke said...

WOW!!! Beautiful!! I love your style. You are so talented:):)

Helen Hapsi said...

I think that your work speaks for itself Erin! It is soooo obvious that you love what you do, its allover your work! I wish you a lucky and creative 2013!!

Evgenia Petzer said...

oh, my! Erin ! you are so talented! def one of my fav inspiring girls! and i am so happy I can call you a scrapy friend:)

love all of them!

MonaV said...

WOW....I love your work!!!

Vivi Morais said...

Hi, Erin... I don't have words to say about these pages... all then are fantastic, fabulous... perfect... so, I just wanna say: Congrats!! And the next year I will be here again just to see new beaultiful pages that I know you will make to us.

Have a great 2013!!
xx

Vicki said...

Its been an awesome year for you scrappy wise. Have loved seeing your layouts and look forward to more next year. Happy New Year :)

Romy said...

Your lay-outs and canvases are all simply stunning! You have made so many beautiful things throughout this year. I can't wait to see what you will have in store for us for next year :) Happy New Year!

Lizzy Hill said...

Can see mixed media is gonna be a big influence on you in 2013. These are all lovely...thank YOU for sharing with us...love coming by to see what you're up to:):):)

Francine said...

I just love everything that you do - it always is absolutely beautiful and so inspiring! i have enjoyed seeing all your amazing work this year and getting to know you and your family via your blog!! Thanks for sharing your fabulous work ! I am sure that 2013 will be a fantastic scrappy year for you too!

Hugs from NZ!

Francine

Leah said...

These are all so very beautiful I can't pick a favourite from the year. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us (although I don't think I will ever manage to create like this!)

Ashley Horton said...

All so gorgeous Erin!! I think one of my favorites is Fish Face...because I love the cute photo and the colors on that one!! :) I like the one layout a month and did that for my favorites also. I do like how it shows progress throughout the year, but your style definitely shines through on all of these!!

Patty O'Malley said...

You certainly had many amazing things happen to you this year! Love each and every one of these layouts.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such beautiful pages, Erin!! your work is truly inspiring!! Happy New Year! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Dana Tatar said...

What a fabulous mix of work! Your style is so inspiring. I can't wait to see what you create in the coming year. :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

AMAZING work, Erin!!! :D

Chantalle said...

Wowsers Erin! Every one is a feast for the eyes!! Happy New Year to you!

Elena Olinevich said...

You are such a talented artist, and I love how you incorporate the flowers into your masculine/boy layouts. Happy new Year

hotpotato said...

I love all your layouts but the April one is my real favourite.

Keren Tamir said...

wow how did you pick just 12!! love all your projects and LOs this year!!

Jenny Evans said...

Simply gorgeous...I could sit and look at your work all day!! Fabulous collection you put together!! Happy New Year!! :)