Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Webster's Pages & Get Creative!

Hey everyone. An evening post for me as I've been too busy gossiping with my good friend Carrie all day and am finally getting to it now! We generally get together once a week or more and we spend the day visiting while our kids play...and gives me a good excuse to get NOTHING accomplished...all...day...long, lol!

But here I am, better late than never :).

I created the following layout using a whole pile of different Webster's Pages collections...I lost track, but there are at least 6 different collections used here, if only small parts of them. I love that I own pretty much every one of their lines and that I can pick and choose amongst the scraps to put a nicely coordinating piece together. I will never tire of the fussy cutting opportunities and finding new and interesting ways to dress them up :). For this particular layout, I was inspired by the "We Love Our Guys" challenge on the Webster's site, encouraging us to scrap about the special guys in our life. I have three very special guys in my life: my husband, my older son Wyatt, and my younger son Gunner. Here I've scrapped Gunner, who just had a 2nd birthday and also who I've spent a lot of time thinking about lately. All of my kids are very special, but because he just reached his second year, I've done a bit of pondering his growing older and my reluctance to allow him to do so...  

So here's what I put together for this challenge:

"My Guy"

I've been doing a bit of design team work lately after taking a week off when Kelly was here visiting, and have been working without sketches. So for this page I decided to turn to the July 1st sketch challenge at Get Creative, using a beautiful sketch created by the very talented Melenia:


And here are some close-ups for you...

I've dressed up this umbrella with some Webster's bling from one of their bling strips, then added some burlap and flowers.

 Behind my main white flower I've tucked a couple of the beautiful Webster's Sparklers vintage button embellishments...

 This gorgeous chipboard flourish is from Scrap FX. They have the most amazing selection of flourishes...

 This merry-go-round has also been decked out with some Webster's bling and some flowers...

 These words really speak what I feel for Gunner in my heart :)...

I really hate that the lantern on the right has a crooked string...need to fix that pretty much now. Will update my photo, lol!

And that should do it, folks!! So glad you stopped by for a quick look :)~ see you all again real soon...

Take care,

39 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow, Erin! I really do not know what to say. This page is absolutely gorgeous! So much detail and beautiful elements. This should be framed. Pure ART!!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful page! Yes, it should be framed!! What a cute little boy too!!!

Andrea said...

i like the pops of color!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, Erin! Breathtaking. Seriously. Absolutely stunning!!!

(Ok, so I have to ask you about your flourishes... I'm guessing you coated in gesso... then did you stamp on top of that? Or paint? Or is that patterned paper?? Truly greatness!! :)

Alison said...

oh.wow.!!! The lanterns and the white flower are incredible here. Love how you interpreted the sketch <3

scrappymo! said...

Love your take on the sketch. So very pretty!

Svetlana Austin said...

this is so pretty, sweet and adorable, Erin! so beautiful! I totally love this one!!! ♥

Linda Eggleton said...

Totally gorgeous, as always!
Love the hanging lanterns & all your fabulous layers...adorable photos too (he's a real little cutie, isn't he!)

Melenia Agapides said...

The best interpretation of the sketch so far. There's no more to say, Erin, your work is exquisite. I think this is one of my favourite pages ever. Thanks for joining us at GC!

Romy said...

Wow, you really know how to do boy pages! This one is absolutely stunning! I love the neutral colours in the backdrop and the wonderful, colourful touches.

Jeni O'Connor said...

Erin your work is so breathtaking. Love all the stunning details combining the WP lines. Just so beautiful and that little fella of yours is a heartbreaker. Thanks for dropping. I hope you take up the challenge and make one.
Jx

Laurie said...

ooh, I love this one!! so colorful and full of fun little details that a little boy would love, yes I can see how you wouldn't want that little guy to grow up, he is just so adorable, you must want to smooch those little cheeks all day!

Lizzy Hill said...

Just gorgeous...it has a softness (I don't mean feminine) about it that is quite beguiling...it sorta draws you into it...& the b&w snaps are amazingly cute:):):)

Anonymous said...

Totally amazing and gorgeous!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is just beautiful! your rocked that sketch!!

Jasmine S said...

How gorgeous. I still have these papers and have never used them. The photo is just stunning.

Unknown said...

This rocks, Erin!! I'm really loving all the fun fussy cut little bits, and how you've dressed each of them up, very well thought out and creative. I really can see how you take your time making these pieces unique, and as gorgeous as they can be!! And I never would have noticed the "crooked" string if I wasn't looking for it!! Have a great day, I'll call you soon..kids are still sleeping!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is one gorgeous page! Your details are always perfect and so stunning. :)

Kay F said...

Such an adorable boy page! Love everything you did here...

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Erin, you blended these Webster Pages lines together masterfully!! Love the lamp!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Fawn said...

I love the depth and colors. You are very talented.

Ashley Horton said...

Love the more saturated colors in this one Erin, and the hanging lanterns are fabulous!

Pamela said...

LOVE this!!! Fabulous layout!! :)

Perform said...

This little guy is going to be such a heart breaker! The page is gorgeous and I love the hanging lanterns~

Elisa K said...

Wow..l totally love your mix of all the different collections... One of the reasons why I adore webster so much... It all goes... Hehe. Your layout is stunning though... I simply love it.l. Thanks for sharing.

Ella Swan said...

Absolutely love this layout Erin - so beautiful and great use of Webster's. They make my heart sing too and are one of the few manufacturers that I always buy a bit of everything from. There are always a lot of fussy cutting opportunities & like you I find that every range co-ordinates with the next - which cannot be said for some of the other very high profile manufacturers. Love the burlap addition here too. Glad you got a good gossiping day - that's the stuff that renews our creativity! Well not the gossiping as such but the bonding with our besties xo

Luz Maria Bruna said...

This is so so pretty ans sweet!!!

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW!OH! WOW! Erin is TOTALLY GORGEOUS... all the little details are just SENSATIONAL girl!!
LOVE this to bits.... x

Ursula Schneider said...

This is simply amazing! TFS

Lizzyc said...

HI.. oh how gorgeous! The layered photos are stunning and then the rest of the layout just makes the whole page shine.. really beautiful...

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a beautiful photo and page. Love the Webster's lanterns--one of my all-time favorite papers, and yu've used the papers so beautifully. Gorgeous detailing on here!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LUSH, and the details are gorgeous ... thanks for playing with us at Get Creative!

Carin McDonough said...

Beautiful layout and what a gorgeous photo! :)

Elena Stefanidou said...

Stunning layout.Everything is perfect.Your son is really beautiful.Than you for joining GC challenge.

lynda said...

I like how you used the neutral background with the pops of color!

Irini said...

Erin just stunning love everything about this layout!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Creative
hugz
irini

EFI said...

Hi Erin! Absolutely stunning page!!!! I really love every single detail and your boy is SO cutie!!!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Creative! Hugz

EFI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EFI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.