Sunday, July 22, 2012

Scrap FX Reveal #3

Hi again :). It's Sunday morning here and it's been an interesting weekend. I went raspberry picking a few times on Saturday- stepped on a bee's nest and a red ant nest (miraculously no stings or bites!) and an animal was crashing through the woods that scared me off- BUT- I did manage to come away with enough berries for my first batch of raspberry jam for the year! It was definitely worth it! I'm hoping to get back out this afternoon- checked out another one of my spots with the four wheeler yesterday and it looks ready to go- so I'd like to make a raid! :)

But anyways, I'm back again today to share with you my final project this month for Scrap FX. I've really enjoyed working with their stencils this month, in addition to their amazing chipboard selection. Here's a look at what I put together using both products:

"Pretty as a Picture"
My baby girl Aspen really is a doll!! :) Let's take a little walk-through of my layout...

Absolutely loved this beautiful title piece, “Pretty as a Picture“. I’ve painted it with gesso, dabbed with some rose-colored ink, and then topped off with some white Stickles for a feminine glittery touch :) . Beneath my title and behind the small cluster, I’ve used the “Flower Pattern Stencil, small” along with some texture paste, which I cut out and placed behind my arrangement.

 This lovely piece is from the “Lamp Shades” pack. I’ve painted it with gesso before topping it off with 3 different inks: rose bud, old rose, and shabby tote, and then finally finished with some Stickles. Add some bling and a couple flowers, and you’ve got one pretty embellishment!

 I’ve used the same stencil in the lower corners and along the top of my layout.

Gotta love frames! These two actually came as a secondary frame in the packs of more “fancy” frames such as the “Decorative Frame C Classic“. These have been painted with a coat of gesso before using a couple different stamps to create the pretty designs you see here. Blings and pearls are all the more I needed :) .


 Just a closer look at my large flower cluster. Isn't that main bloom beautiful? I won it in a RAK from my Scrappin' Patch teammie Annelie Maddock :).

Another view of the cluster...

A peek at the layers...(I do love layering!!)...

Scrap FX Chipboard Used:





Additional Supplies Used:

~Pink Paislee "Butterfly Garden" papers
~Pion Designs "Fairytale of Spring" paper (rose colored punched strips in top layers)
~Prima Marketing flowers
~Melissa Frances pearls
~KaiserCraft bling
~Prima Marketing stick pin
~Prima Marketing "Fairy Belle" stamps
~Prima Marketing "Shabby Tote", "Rose Bud", & "Old Rose" Chalk Fluid Edger Pads
~Ranger Stickles
~Martha Stewart "Garden Rail" border punch
~doilies, lace, gesso

So glad you all stopped by today :). I hope your Sunday (or Monday) treats you well...

Take care,

30 comments:

Belinda Scott said...

Wow what a stunning layout!!! And the chipboard I just love it :)

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is adorable, every inch of it, I am in love with your layers and all the girlyness on this layout... sigh.. it is all too cute for words!

Georgia Heald said...

Oh Wow Erin, spectacular, love every inch of it! And that gorgeous girl of yours always makes me feel clucky =)

sandi said...

Wow! This is simply gorgeous!!!!!

Debbie said...

So elegant!!! Love all of the layering and those pics of Aspen are priceless! Such a sweet smile!

Laurie said...

this layout just screams girly girl, so pretty and feminine, love it, and Aspen, she's just a little doll face!
Just beautiful :)

Linda Pekrul said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing the details on how you achieve such stunning effects!

Dorthe said...

Gorgeous page! Love the soft colors and every little detail you made. Beautiful.

Vicky Alberto said...

seriously gorgeous!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

How adorable is this page!

Romy said...

Wow, just an absolutely gorgeous layout! Really love the soft, feminine colours! And your girl is a doll indeed!

L. Akins said...

Gorgeous layout!!

Perform said...

Absolutely beautiful! The stencil adds beautiful depth~

Andrea said...

very cool - love everything you added to the chipboard

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a gorgeous LO - really stunning! Love the layered scalloped circles and your chipboard work. Best of all this fab photo of your precious daughter!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Billie-Jean Beveridge said...

Hi Erin! Always love seeing what you do! You manage to fit so much on your pages without it looking too much! Aspen is such a cutie she has such an infectious smile! I hope your jam turns out, how lucky you are to have raspberry bushes near you! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Take care!

Keren Tamir said...

Truly beautiful layout!!

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous, muted colours, beautiful lacey doilies, glitter, and chipboard.
Love this very pretty layout.

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! How TRULY GORGEOUS is this layout.... Always full to the brim with FAB details & that photo of your girl is SO BEAUTIFUL!!
Have a great week! x

Bente Fagerberg said...

Another masterpiece. So many gorgous elements to take in. Aspen truly is pretty as a picture. :-)
Love the all layered doilies atc,...such a fun new look!

Sarah said...

Wow Erin, this is simply stunning! your little girl is a picture too :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous as always! And lovely to see my "trash" turned in to such a treasure! :)

Dianne H said...

Gorgeous. Love the colours and the layers. So much detail to absorb. Mmmmm fresh raspberry jam - Yum!

Carin McDonough said...

This is so beautiful and soft, just love everything about it! :)

Adriana B said...

beautiful details and layers love the photo too :)
have a great week:)

Anonymous said...

the textures and layers that you put into all of your work is just amazing!!!

Lainie said...

I love your work Erin. Just absolutely love it!! It's just magical!!

Ella Swan said...

Amazing! Love all the detail shots!! Your attention to detail is commendable :)

Eila Sandberg said...

OMG this is luscious and pure delight so full of the most gorgeous and soft details! xox

Patty O'Malley said...

Simply gorgeous details!