Tuesday, April 7, 2015

NEW from Webster's Pages: Dream in Color!

Good morning! I hope the new month is off to a great start for you :) I'm checking in today with a couple of projects using the brand NEW "Dream in Color" collection from Webster's Pages! This one just couldn't get any more brighter or happier. What I love so much about Webster's is how their collections always reach my heart. From the images to the phrases to the colors. 

"You're My Favorite Work of Art"
I love that realistic imagery like the flower field of this "A Great Pair" paper is mixed in to this collection. It created the perfect backdrop for my always silly little girl :). I toned it down just a bit with some gesso before starting on my layers behind the photo.

The "Tag & Prompt Stickers" are always just what I need for my titles. I've never been good at constructing long titles, so to have one compacted in a pretty little way like this one here is right up my alley.
The mini banner was cut from the "Dream in Color" paper and paper punched.

 The "Storyteller Card Sheets" are great for cutting apart and adding to your layering. I also like to cut apart the paper straws like I did here.


Other Products Used:
Blue Fern Studios: chipboard doily
Prima: Flowers, Crystals

Next up, I've got a tag featuring the "Dream in Color" Collection as well!

"Make Today Pretty"
I may have mentioned previously that I'm really in love with purple at the moment- which is weird, because just a couple years back I remember chatting on a scrappy forum about our "nemesis colors"- and for me they were purple and orange. But nevertheless, I really love purple right now. So the "Field of Bliss" paper in this collection was the very first thing I grabbed when setting about making this tag. I love the gorgeous purple flowers with the golden hues against them- simply gorgeous.

I always endeavor to create the perfect bow treatment for my tags to suit the overall look of it. Here I've used some vintage lace along with some gold trim and purple jute twine. The owl charm is an old favorite from Webster's that I've been holding on to for quite some time :).

Again, the Tag & Prompt Stickers came to my rescue for the sentiment on this tag. And this one just so happened to perfectly match this paper ;). 
For the backdrop, I used a stunning chipboard piece from Blue Fern Studios. It was first primed with gesso before adding some embossing ink and then embossing powder from Shimmerz. Finally, some favorite new crystals from Prima.


Thank-you for taking a look at my projects today! If you haven't yet, be sure to check out this entire new collection- as well as the other new releases- from Webster's Pages

Take care!

5 comments:

Sizzix said...

You've done such fab work with these papers! Absolutely wonderful work!

Romy said...

Oops, wrong account ;) It was me who left the previous comment.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout and tag, Erin! You know I'm a big fan of your tags. This one is gorgeous. You make the most gorgeous bows.

Lizzyc said...

These look wonderful.. so pretty!

Lizzy Hill said...

Such pretty projects.... love the circular design of your page....& those crystals....NICE!!!