Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blue Fern Studios: January Projects Part II

I'm back again today with the second part of my Blue Fern Studios monthly project shares. 

First up, another layout using the NEW Blue Fern Garden Paper Collection:

"Live Your Story"
I've taken the opportunity to show the masculine side of this collection with this layout. There are plenty of blues, greens, and browns in these papers which I've put to use here :)

I've added stamping and watercolors to bring the "Beaded Strings" piece to life.

Adding a darker pigment to the outside of the circles while dabbing away the middles helps add some dimension.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Blue Fern Garden Collection Papers
Beaded Strings

Secondly, I have a sweet and simple card to share:

"Dream"
I've used one of the sweet little "Petite Windows" pieces to give view to the pretty fairy beyond.

I first dabbed the edges of the window with a pale blue chalk ink and then used Glossy Accents and some white glittery embossing powder to create a frosted look over the rest of the window.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Petite Windows

I'm so glad you stopped in today :)

And in case you haven't yet, I invite you to join us for our monthly sketch challenge. There are still a few days remaining and we'd LOVE to have you join us :)

Take care!

7 comments:

Romy said...

Amazing masculine lay-out and wonderfully elegant card! I just love how you're using the BFS chipboard pieces!

Lizzyc said...

Oh such a beautiful male layout, love the lattice back ground, and your tag is gorgeous too, love the window...

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Fabulous LO, I love those colours :)

Words and Pictures said...

Loving the layout colours, and I think I'm going to have to invest in some of those loopy circles - they're so cool!
Alison x

Davi said...

Love the way you brought the colors together for the masculine look and Im loving the circles, as always it is beautiful! The card is also beautiful the way you did the layers and flowers :)

sandi said...

Both look so pretty! Love the way the 'blues' pop out on your lo.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout and card, Erin! I love the blues and brown on the layout and the sweet fairy and window on the card.